Thursday, May 10, 2007

All shined up and ready to go!

So this past weekend I had some help from my friend Joe, for the exterior cleaning and waxing. I used the Meguiar's Flagship boat wash, cleaned it from head to toe.

Then came the 3 step Meguiar's Fiberglass Restoration Kit.

For $25, you can't go wrong!! Each of these bottles is in the neighborhood of $10-15 each. The initial step (Oxidation Remover) is a heavy duty gritty wax. During the waxing, I could already tell an immediate difference between the treated and non-treated areas. Step 2 was the High Gloss Polish, which I had done the previous year before, brought out the color in the gelcoat. Step 3 was a caranuba wax, that smelled like bananas, and was just about the same color as a banana smoothie! Here's the end result. I highly recommend this kit to anyone with oxidation, or anyone who just wants their boat to look brand new!!



So then I made a phone call to my dad to borrow his Escalade to tow it to the harbor. I'll be using this to tow to Lake Norris in a few weeks, so I wanted to get a feel for it. Tows great, but I think at some point I'll step up and buy myself a 3/4 Ton Diesel Suburban or truck to pull it. I just feel a little safer with heavier duty parts. Plus at the price of gas these days, a diesel might offer a little relief on the pocketbook. But that's a while away.



So she's down at the harbor now. The cockpit cover is getting measured today or tomorrow to see about replacement. I plan on taking her out this weekend!

No comments: